English, Dutch and Spanish to French translator. Technical, IT, Marketing, SAP, Human rights, Website localisation,... Also a Webmaster and Internet Marketing Specialist
|Freelance Translator and website promoter|
Areas of expertise: News, Economy, Tourism, High Tech, IT.
Charleroi, Belgium / Cabarete, Dominican Republic
July 1, 2001 - to date
- Website translation of a major Belgian hosting company from Dutch to French. October 2002. +/- 15000 words;
- Translation of a document called Child Labor in the World Today. October 2002. 30000 words;
- Translation of technical documents on audiovisual installation. September 2002. 10000 words;
- Translation of SAP User Guides in .doc and .ppt format for different agencies June – July – September – October 2002. +/- 60000 words;
- Translation of magazines specialized in IT, paper products, woodwork, machinery, travel and events from Dutch to French (Pet & Garden, Filofax, Service Stations, The Corporate Traveller). 20 pages a month since 1999;
- Translation of a technical user guide (antennas) from English to French. February 2002. +/- 60000 words;
- Translation of PowerPoint presentations from English to French about industrial processes for SDL Translation. June/July 2002. +/-20000 words;
- Translation of Human Rights articles from Dutch to French for Oxfam Solidarité. March 2002. 5000 words;
- Translation of country guides about Thailand and Taiwan... from Spanish to French. March 2002. 5000 words;
- Translation of a technical user guide about military antennas. February 2002. 60000 words;
- Translation of CD Burner user guides from English to French. February 2002. 10000 words;
- Translation of magazines specialized in IT, paper products, woodwork, machinery, travels and events from Dutch to French for Pet & Garden, Filofax, Service Stations, The Corporate Traveller
- Translation of a technical user guide (antennaes) for E-traduit.com (Feb. 2002)
- Translation of country guides about Thailand and Taiwan, etc... from Spanish to French. (Mar. 2002)
- Webmaster of selectcaribbean.com, website specialized in Real Estate in the Dominican Republic.
- International website promotion and editing of andalemexico.com, betranslated.com, namj.com, etc.
San José, Costa Rica
December 2000 – June 30, 2001
Position: Sales and Marketing Manager – Translator (see below)
- Provide quote, technical support as well as customer follow-up, and translation project management.
- Organize the international website promotion, check results and provide statistics of visits.
- Manage the affiliate marketing program and organize promotions and email campaigns; follow-up on affiliates requests, manage database, calculate commissions.
- Register and manage international domain names.
Sosua, Dominican Republic
October 18, 1999 – December 2000
Position: Founding member of iLanguage. Translator English – Dutch to French – Multilingual Website Editor
- Translate texts and HTML pages from English and Dutch to French: Area of expertise: News, Economy, Tourism, High Tech.
- Maintain and edit multilingual website – update, translate, ensure quality audit, coordinate updates between language supervisors.
|English, Dutch and Spanish to French translator. Technical, IT, Software manuals, Marketing, SAP, Human rights, Website localisation, ... Also a Webmaster and Internet Marketing Specialist|
|English - French (native)|
Dutch - French (native)
Flemish - French (native)
Spanish - French (native)
French - Spanish
French - English
|·International School of Translators and Interpreters - Mons University, Belgium (1992-1997)|
Bachelor of Arts in translation: Majored in translation English – Dutch. Minored in Spanish, economics English, computer science, internationals relations, Islamic civilizations
·University of Utrecht, The Netherlands (September - December 1994)
Erasmus stage in Dutch translation
·Antigo High School, USA (1991-1992)
One-year stage in the United States in the scope of the Rotary Exchange Program.
|Windows and Office XP, Trados, Wordfast, Translator Studio, SDLX Lite, Outlook 2000, Frontpage 2000, Dreamweaver 4, Fireworks 4, Webzip, Webbudget, Wordfast.|